Diani in south coast Kenya is one of my favorite coastal destinations in East Africa. The long strip of white sandy beaches, clear blue sky, chilled weather, turquoise waters with small patches of sea weed here and there, the sound of sea waves crushing against the shore, not forgetting the humidity that gives a sauna feel makes the haven irresistible.
In Diani, everything is stylish and elegant. Five star hotels, perfect infrastructure, stylish villas, international cuisines prepared by renowned chefs and world class water sports only to mention a few.
Standing majestically in the midst of all this magic is the chilled Swahili styled Golini Resort comprising of two cottages sitting on a two acre piece of land. The compound boasts of pedicured lawns, trimmed hedges, scented flowers, mature trees and a swimming pool. The resort is nothing short of beautiful.
The general plan has the master en suite, living room, well fitted kitchen, and a guest washroom on the ground floor.
A personal chef is available on request. This makes for a perfect opportunity to sample coastal dishes and to maximize on that vacation feel when away from home.
Located between the Master bedroom and the living room is a stylish spiral staircase that leads to the other rooms upstairs.
The rooms upstairs are nothing short of amazing, discreet and spacious. The snow white walls, huge bathroom and walk-in closet, large windows and a panoramic view of the compound make the rooms upstairs standout. This kind of set up is ideal for families with kids or a small group of friends touring South Coast.
The other bedroom that has a single bed.
Bathroom and Closet…
The other fabulous feature of this house that is impossible to ignore are the windows. Wide louvered windows run from wall to wall ensuring natural light and fresh air in the house effortlessly.
The front porch of the house opens up to a beautiful garden of flowers, trees and a pavement that leads to the swimming pool. Hanging delicately from the ceiling in the veranda is a unique hand crafted African lampshades that emphasizes the existing sense of panache.
The best part of Golini Resort is the fact that it located exactly two minutes from the sea front of Galu beach.What more could one be looking for in a coastal holiday destination?
Golini Resort is available for both long and short stays. The property is also on sale.(If interested drop me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org for more details ).
- Golini Resort is approximately thirty kilometers from Mombasa island via Likoni Ferry.
- It is adjacent to Ukunda town.
- A small airstrip called Ukunda Airport connects travelers and tourist to Mombasa, JKIA-Nairobi and Wilson airport(Nairobi). The drive from the airport to Golini Resort is approximately twenty minutes.
Places to See:
- Shimba Hills National Reserve.This is the only place you will get to see Kenya’s only population of the Sable Antelope.
- Kisite Mpunguti Marine Park Reserve:You definitely want to swim with dolphins, enjoy a beautiful spectacle of migratory birds and coral gardens.
Things to do:
- Enjoy a fresh platter of seafood at Mvureni Fisherman restaurant right at the beach front of Galu Kinondo beach.
- Go for a dhow safari, snorkel and scuba dive. This can be arranged by operators who are easily available at the beach.
- Kite surf, Windsurf, SUP, kayak and try many other water sports at H2O extreme, Kenya’s biggest water sports center.
- Go for sky diving at Skydive Diani. Best way to overcome acrophobia.
Recommendation: Pack your bags already!