Home to the 8th wonder of the world, and one of the last few sites your can experience the Big Five in their flesh, the Maasai Mara continues to thrive as a top travel destination in the world. Located on the South-western wildernesses of Kenya, The Mara spills over with an endless diversity of incredibly intriguing plants, animals and ecosystems. The main highlight of the Mara is the spectacle of the annual wilderbeest migration which peaks in the months of July to October. With quite a number of hotels, game lodges, and camping sites, the Mara is a traveler’s haven… so much such that it was named the top national park, beating hundreds others from across the continent, in the 2017 World Travel Awards.
The World Travel Awards is an annual events gala, started in 1993 to celebrate the excellence in all key sectors of travel, tourism and hospitality. This awards gala is currently on its 24th anniversary, which is marked by a Grand tour across the world, honoring and rewarding top brands across the continents.
My homeland, Kenya… The home of champions… bagged quite a number of categories in this year’s World travel Awards Africa, held in Kigali, Rwanda. Among the Kenyan brands honored in the awards gala include:
- Kenya Airways – Africa’s Leading Airline 2017
- Kenya Airways – Africa’s Leading Airline – Business Class 2017
- Diani Beach, Kenya – Africa’s Leading Beach Destination 2017
- Port of Mombasa, Kenya – Africa’s Leading Cruise Port 2017
- Destination Kenya – Africa’s Leading Destination Management Company 2017
- Leopard Beach Resort & Spa, Kenya – Africa’s Leading Family Resort 2017
- Fairmont Mount Kenya Safari Club, Kenya – Africa’s Leading Hotel 2017
- Sirikoi, Kenya – Africa’s Leading Luxury Lodge 2017
- Finch Hattons, Kenya – Africa’s Leading Tented Safari Camp 2017
- Kenya Tourism Board – Africa’s Leading Tourist Board 2017
- Bonfire Adventures – Africa’s Leading Travel Agency 2017
These tourism/travel service providers must really have hacked their ‘How to be top’ assignments… and I’ll make it my next goal to experience every single one of them for all your sakes.
If you’ve had an experience with these legendary brands, tell me about it in the comments. Dont forget to spread the word.
Victory is super sweet!